Wednesday, October 19, 2011

IKEA I spy

As a sublettor in Berlin, you expect everything in your apartment to be from IKEA, but you don't know for sure until you go to the source. Oh, look!

There is our motar & pestle (who needs one of these anyways?)


Wood shelf
Computer table...

Desk, closet, dining table & chairs, etc!

And it wouldn't be a trip to IKEA if Ian didn't peer pressure me to steal fried onions at the end of our visit. If the 1 euro dog & soda wasn't enough, this has become our shady tradition.

How To:
  • Get an extra soda cup (easy to do in your man orders multiple dogs like Ian)
  • Wait for an opening - this is the tricky part as the food court is populated at all times
  • Nonchalantly head over there, perhaps with hotdog and cup to disguise your actions
  • Furtively fill cup with delectable fried onions and cover with napkin to take home. Yes - they are going to spill.

In my perpetual we-are-on-the-brink-of-poverty state of mind, I was the first to do it and now Ian insists. No matter you can purchase them for a cool euro in Netto, this has become part of our big trip to IKEA.


I hang my head in shame, and to spare you from my delicious fried onion breath.

No comments:

We're Back in Berlin Ja!

We're Back in Berlin Ja!
ebe & ian at Yak-toberfest 2008